Falcotrans’ humble beginnings consisted of a horse & cart operation in distant 1920. Saviour Falzon, known as Ta’ Mena, and his three sons would transport frozen meat, just arrived from Australia, on behalf of the British Services.
In 1949, Saviour’s two sons purchased their first vehicle, a nineteen forty one Chevrolet truck, using it to transport frozen meats. By the time the grand children joined the company, the business had expanded to the transportation of fruit and general cargo.
In 1960, the Falzons landed a prestigious contract, transporting milk from the airport to the American Sixth Fleet stationed in the Grand Harbour.
In 1970, Saviour’s son, Anthony founded Anthony Falzon and Sons, leading the company through a series of milestones including signing a cooperation agreement with Kuehne & Nagel, a relationship that is still going strong today.
In 1986, Falcotrans was established as a subsidiary company, launching an import & export service to Germany, France and Holland.
The company expanded rapidly, purchasing the current premises at Flagstone Wharf within ten years.
The drive continued well through the nineties, with Falcotrans transporting heavy equipment and materials for the construction of large infrastructural projects. By the turn of the new century, Falcotrans had developed a fleet of forty refrigerated trailers across mainland Europe, equipped with GPS monitoring systems for temperature and location control.